Monday, April 08, 2013

Love the Silhouette Cameo

I have fallen in love with my Silhouette Cameo cutting machine. It was a bit of 'love - hate' last night when I posted. But I went back to the design and realised that all I was doing wrong was missing out one final little thing and my design worked like a dream. this is what I bought the machine for - to create!

Silhouette cameo wrought iron
This is 12 inches wide and about 9 deep and was cut out of an old calendar I had with a sunset seascape on it and I just love it. I simplified the deign a lot, in fact I started designing it from scratch, thinking that it was rather complicated for the machine, then decided to cut it larger at the 12" size instead of the first attempt on A4 card. I love it, next I will try and cut it from painted canvas and fabric. Cross fingers for me.

Silhouette Cameo complicated version of Wrought iron 
 Next I went back to the drawing board and the old complicated version and this time I changed the Trace Settings, adjusting the High Pass Filter and the Threshold a little. It worked! That wonderful little machine cut it out perfectly in A4 size. It was a very complicated design to ask any machine to work out, but am I going to have some fun with it from now on, I certainly am.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Done You! :-)

Heather said...

It looks as if you are already having fun Mags. Good luck with your further experiments.

Maggi said...

Glad you mastered the machine as the results are great.

ANNA said...

Brilliant - wish I could afford one!!

Ali Honey said...

That looks great.I can see this going in lots of different directions.

Gill said...

Terrific Mags! Isn't it great when it all comes together? Clever you for sticking with it and working it all out for yourself, too.

Marian Hall said...

I didn't know about this machine but now I want one!

Ann Christine Dennison said...

Wow great design, I have found the program that is part of the package irritating and difficult to use, you are obviously really good at it :-)