Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Plas Maenan





Today has been a very good day. I went to Plas Maenan with the SerenTex textile group for an Orchid Tea, but I had no idea what to expect. I imagined having a rather special tea with a display of orchids perhaps. I had not been prepared for such an interesting talk about orchids and how to grow them by a lady who managed to make all who attended as enthusiastic as herself. I believe this lady was Caroline Burt who owns Plas Maenan with her husband. As if that was not enough, we were all given a special kit with an orchid bulb to bring home to start growing our own and a very delicious tea.



I also met two friends from machine knitting days and their husbands that I hadn't seen in a very long time. Dianne and Jo.


While I was waiting for the group to arrive I naturally took loads of photos some of which you see at some stage perhaps. But I thought you'd like to see the rabbits I saw in the field nearby.
I took a few photos of the group, but not as many as usual as I was enjoying myself too much. but you can see a few more on the SerenTex blog.


1 comment:

Maggi said...

I love orchids and had a couple that just wouldn't stop flowering. Unfortunately I think that they exhausted themselves.