Saturday, June 15, 2013

Frances Pickering Workshop

This weekend I'm on a workshop with Frances Pickering who makes all those lovely books. Mine was the first name booked for this one and I was not disappointed and can't wait to continue tomorrow.






Last year I'd prepared loads of work for a SerenTex project and due to illness over a few months was disappointed not to be able to take part after all.

When I was 15 years old I worked as a chambermaid at the pale blue hotel above during the school Summer holiday. The hotel is called The Waverley. The previous year I'd worked at a cafe called the Cabin Cafe. I had the time of my life during this time and Llandudno   is very close to my heart. The work I prepared for SerenTex included some of those memories, so I decided to take this opportunity to create a little book of my memories of Llandudno, particularly the area around the old Pier Pavillion which was burned to the ground in 1994.

3 comments:

Julie said...

We love Llnandudno too. Have a fantastic time tomorrow x

Heather said...

So glad you are enjoying Frances Pickering's workshop. I love her work but can never catch her at a workshop near enough for me to get to. Looking forward to seeing your book.

jordiw said...

i am dying to see what you do ... you know how much I love books, so I am sitting here imagining what is going to come from this one. Post a LOT!