Tuesday, May 10, 2016

New Look

I decided I need a bit of colour in my life, so I changed things around here. Some parts still need sorting but I'm happy for now.




This work used another one of the templates I designed with the Silhouette Designer. It's for  a book page inspired by Rennie Mackintosh. I based it on a tile I found on the Internet and stenciled with acrylic paint and a little textile medium on fabric and then hand stitched. The ones on the left were stenciled using Distress Inks which I love using.

Each time I look at them I can't help seeing a girl wearing a jacket with a fancy hairdo.

6 comments:

Toni V said...

Marvellous to see you in creative mode again. I am bogged down finishing bags for an exhibition in Sydney.

Heather said...

I do like your stencil designs and the finished stitched piece is perfect for your theme. I love Distress Inks too, they are so versatile.

Margaret Roberts said...

Thanks Toni. I wish I could see you bags. Pics please? i love making them too.

Margaret Roberts said...

Thanks Heather. You're right Distress Inks are very versatile.

Helen Suzanne said...

Hi Mags, I like the new look ! I'm so glad to see you blogging again. I've gone back to it too. I have missed the sharing and camaraderie.

Margaret Roberts said...

Thanks. So have I Helen. I'll pop in now so see what you're doing :)