Sunday, May 08, 2016

Silhouette and Gelli Prints

I needed to make a page for SerenTex using Bridget Riley as my inspiration, so I decided to try some Gelli Prints with stenciling. This was an excuse to create a design on the Silhouette Designer. I just don't do simple unfortunately. This is my design and it has been a steep learning curve, but I must design another one soon or I'll have forgotten how to do it again.
It's not perfect by a long way, but I'm reasonably happy with it. I enlarged part of it to create a second design.
I used Staples PVC Binding Covers for the stencils. I'd have liked the plastic to have been a little thicker, but it was quite satisfactory.


4 comments:

Heather said...

Your stencils are excellent and look so precise. Love the results from using them.

Ali Honey said...

That's great. It is SO good to see you back blogging. I've missed you.

MargaretR said...

Thanks Heather.

MargaretR said...

Thanks to you too too Ali.